SUNY Korea is an extended campus of Stony Brook University. We seek to enroll those students who demonstrate the intellectual curiosity and academic ability to succeed. Applicants are evaluated on an individual basis. There is no automatic cutoff in the admission process, either in grade point average, rank, or test scores. The Admissions Committee seeks to enroll the strongest and most diverse class possible.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong high school academic program that includes:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social studies
- 4 units of mathematics
- 4 units of science
- 2 or 3 units of a foreign language
• Standardized test scores that indicate the promise of success in a rigorous undergraduate course of study.
• Students who show evidence of leadership, special talents or interests, and other personal qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Majors in Computer Science & Mechanical Engineering
Successful applicants in these majors will, in addition to our regular admission criteria, typically have earned outstanding grades in high school calculus and physics, and performed exceptionally well on the Math section of the SAT and/or ACT. Consideration is given to students who have performed well in advanced science and math courses, as well as those who have participated in science, math, and research competitions.
All applicants must prove their English proficiency. The TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination, or SAT must be taken by anyone whose native language is not English, even if you have attended high school in the United States.
|Test Type||Minimum Score|
|SAT Critical Reading||430|
|New SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing||480|
English: 19 &
Satisfactory completion of SUNY Korea’s Intensive English Center program at the advanced level with a grade of B or better will be accepted in place of a TOEFL score.