Internship at EAAFP_IT & Web Specialist (**English)Announcementㅣ2018-07-05 10:34
The East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) is an informal and voluntary Partnership that serves as the key international framework to enhance collaboration for the conservation of migratory waterbirds and the sustainable use of their habitats along the East Asian-Australasian Flyway (EAAF). Currently, the EAAFP has 36 Partners made up of governments, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector.
The Secretariat of the EAAFP is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea and has the responsibility for coordinating the day to day work of the EAAFP, e.g. administration and communication, to liaise with the host country and city, as well as to organize the Meetings of Partners (MOPs) every two years. The main operating language of the Secretariat is English.
1. Information Technology (IT) and Website Specialist (Consultant) - Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communication Officer and
the Chief Executive of EAAFP, the IT and Website Specialist (Consultant) will
undertake the following tasks to support the implementation of the
Communication, Education, Participation and Awareness (CEPA) programme and
activities of the Partnership:
· Updating, maintaining and improving the functionality of the EAAFP website (www.eaaflyway.net) and social media (Facebook, Twitter and others). Consulting with other IT companies in case of web/email system troubles;
· Maintain the office IT system, including the computing hardware and software, in good operating order;
· Conducting the data back-up (website and common folder) periodically;
· Update the Website Admin Guide;
· Developing manuals for Social Networking Service (SNS) including the advertisement function;
· Developing web contents and communication materials;
· Finalizing the design of book of Site Network Status for the East Asian-Australasian Flyway;
· Carrying out other tasks matched to his/her technical skills and working experiences as requested;
2. Position requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computing, environment, geography,communications, media or related degree;
· Minimum two years of working experience in information technology, website design (e.g. Wordpress) and maintenance or related field;
· Experience of working with social media and computer programs such as MailChimp;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of a second Flyway language is an advantage;
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in cross-cultural team, including collaborative relations with members, respect for others and different ways of thinking;
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible and responsive to changing circumstances and new opportunities, including adapting schedules and timelines;
3. Duration of assignment
· Contract duration: July – December 2018 or January 2019 (6months)
4. Application process
Applicants for this position should submit a completed EAAFP Job Application Form and a covering letter with an appendix explaining how they meet the position requirement (maximum two pages total).
The successful applicant will be appointed on a six-month contract. The position is based in Incheon, Republic of Korea and is subject to taxes and benefits according to Korean law. The working hour is a 40 hour per week. Applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for the Republic of Korea prior to the start of the position.
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9(Mon).