Adjunct Faculty Position - Introduction to Philosophical PsychologyJOBㅣ2020-10-22 16:10
- Advertisement_FSH Adjunct Faculty_Introduction to Philosophical Psychology.docx (21.9K) 15회 다운로드 | DATE : 2020-12-01 15:40:01
SUNY Korea Adjunct Faculty Position in teaching the course of Introduction to Philosophical Psychology
Located near the coast of Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), SUNY Korea is the frontrunner of global education and the first American university established in Korea. Since its establishment in 2012, SUNY Korea has made tremendous progress both in its quantity and quality of education. SUNY Korea, as an extension campus of the State University of New York at Stony Brook (Stony Brook University, SBU) and Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York, provides select degree programs that are identical to those at SBU and FIT. SUNY Korea currently offers Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Technological Systems Management, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and Business Management programs through SBU, and Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management programs through FIT. In addition to the major courses in these programs, SUNY Korea also offers various General Education courses such as Biology, Physics, Geology, History, Social Science, Political Science, etc. In order to strengthen our educational capacity further, SUNY Korea is constantly expanding its programs and recruiting prominent faculty from all over the world.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities (FSH) at SUNY Korea invites applications for an adjunct faculty with specialty in Psychology and/or Philosophy. The successful candidate will teach the following undergraduate course. Being passionate about teaching and Psychology and/or Philosophy is a must!
• PHI 102: Introduction to Philosophical Psychology (3 credits)
An introduction to topics in philosophical psychology, including the nature of perception, emotion, and cognition, theories of mind and other minds, the unconscious and its role in human behavior, animal consciousness, and machine intelligence.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, or Philosophy, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching a related course at the college level
- Excellent command of English (all instruction is in English)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Teaching experience in an English-speaking institution preferred
- High standard of professional integrity expected
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Location: Songdo, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Compensation: Around 5.5 million KRW per semester
- Background screening required for appointment
- Timeline: Online interviews for shortlisted candidates will begin in December, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement
- At least two professional references (name, title, phone number, and e-mail address of each reference). Faculty HR may contact the references.
- Copy or scan of Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates from all colleges and universities attended. Original university transcripts will be requested at the time of appointment
Applicants who are interested in this position should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of the applications will begin in December and continue until the position is filled. For more information or inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For information about SUNY Korea, visit our website: www.sunykorea.ac.kr.
Application Deadline: End of January, 2021