SUNY KoreaHistory makers.
we change the world.
Hybrid instruction starting on Monday, October 19, 2020SUNY Koreaㅣ2020-10-07 17:54
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
I hope you all had a great Chuseok weekend and are well and healthy back to school.
We will switch back to hybrid instruction starting on Monday, October 19, 2020, the details of which are as follows:
- ■ Almost all of our classes will be 50% online and 50% in-person, spread out in space and time as much as possible throughout each week.
- ■ Each class that is 50-50 online-offline will be online in one week and offline the next week, alternating the rest of the semester.
- ■ Lab-based courses, such as physics lab and some fashion design classes, will operate 100% in-person with prior approval from the Provost.
- ■ Quizzes, midterms, and finals will all be held in-person.
- ■ Finals may be given during the last in-person class period or during the regularly scheduled finals week.
- ■ Each class has already been scheduled to have adequate social-distancing space.
- ■ Everyone will practice physical distancing and wear a mask while on campus.
- ■ SUNY Korea Library will remain open.
- ■ Computer labs, group study rooms of SUNY Korea Library, and department study rooms will only be available through reservations.
Hybrid class schedules, assigned classrooms, and specific safety guidelines will be announced soon in a separate email by the Academic Affairs Office. Dorm move-in information will also be shared soon in a separate email by the Student Affairs Office.
We appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have any questions, please contact me, the Academic Affairs Office at email@example.com, or the Student Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue monitoring the situation and try to adjust as needed. We hope to move to 100% in-person at some point, then again we could dial back to online if needed. We will keep you updated.
We look forward to welcoming you all back on campus again!